Beetroot Cake Recipe
Another healthy cake recipe, this time beetroot cake. Beetroot is a source of manganese that plays a key role in calcium absorption, carbohydrate and fat metabolism as well as in regulating blood sugar.
The cake is very tasty and most importantly, super healthy.
- 3 small beetroots
- 3 eggs
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (olive oil also works)
- 2 cups of organic flour with yeast (also works with wheat flour)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (refined sugar also works – less healthy)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Put all ingredients, except the flour, in a blender and liquefy for about 5 minutes
- In a bowl, add the flour, the baking powder and the liquefied dough
- Mix very well
- Transfer the mix to a previously buttered and floured pan
- Bake in preheated oven at about 180 ° C for around 30 minutes
Try also our Spinach Cake