Hake to the Chief recipe
This Hake to the Chief recipe is absolutely delicious. It is my favorite fish recipe. For 4 people.
- 6 loins of hake
- 100g of spelled flour (or wheat flour)
- 1 big onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 100ml olive oil
- 150ml mayonnaise
- 12 shrimps
- 2 lemons
- q.s. white pepper
- q.s. Himalayan salt (or sea salt)
- Place the hake loins in a container. Season with the juice from 2 lemons and salt. Let it marinate overnight or for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Involve the hake loins with flour. Put them in a tray and bake (in the original recipe fry the fish in olive oil but is inadvisable if you want a healthier meal with a very similar taste)
- Wait until the fish is cooked, remove from oven and set aside
- Chop the onion very small and put in a pan, add the chopped garlic, white pepper and salt. Add olive oil and cook until sautéed. Set aside.
- Boil the shrimp and set aside.
- Spread the previously made onion and garlic sauce on top of each hake
- Put two prawns on top of onion sauce / hake loins
- Finish with a portion of mayonnaise on top of the shrimps
- Bake until gratin the mayonnaise
- Remove from oven and serve
Tip: Accompany with mashed potatoes and various salads